A trust is a legal arrangement where a person, or trustee, manages property for the benefit of another person, or the beneficiary. The legal property title is held by the trustee. The grantor creates the trust and entrusts his or her assets to the trustee for his or her choice of the beneficiary. The grantor, […]
Why Hire a Probate Lawyer?
The probate process can take a long time to conclude with various legal implications you may not be equipped for in North Carolina making it very complicated and more drawn out. For example, there may be probate tax and debt liabilities that cannot be covered by the remaining estate. If you find that you need help with the administration of a loved one’s estate, we’d like you to consider Hopler, Wilms, & Hanna.
Take Action Now to Avoid Probate
You can hire a probate lawyer to establish the legal requirements for probate avoidance. For example, a Living Trust can be filed to allow probate property and real estate to be distribute to heirs by the trustee. Probate cost is thus also avoided. There are other probate avoidance strategies such as gifting and joint ownership that you can be advised on to stay within the boundaries of the law.
Estate Administration Services
- Making sure the executor complies with NC Law
- Making sure the executor meets Estate Department Deadlines
- Record keeping to comply with Clerk and AOC Audits
- Keeping the liability of an executor to a minimum
- Resolving and litigating Estate Disputes
- Resolving and litigating Creditor Claims
- Mediating Estate Disputes
- Complying with the Will
- Following the law of Intestacy in NC
- Preparing the application for letters
- Preparing an inventory
- Preparing annual and final accounts
- Probate of Wills / Litigation and Will Contests
- Tax Planning
- Representation in Hearings before the Clerk of Superior Court
- …and a lot more.
Hopler, Wilms, & Hanna is a Durham Based Estate Administration Law Firm.
We help executors, administrators, and beneficiaries navigate the probate process by handling the filing of necessary documents to open estates, probate wills, file an inventory, file annual accounting and final accounting, and handle the payment of creditors. We also represent individuals in Estate Litigation.
We are a full-service Estate Administration firm located in Durham, NC, close to RTP, with reasonable pricing, years of experience, and flexibility to meet the varying needs of our clients.